Information for regular students
International students continuing regular studies may apply for student accommodation only according to general rules:
An online application should be submitted in USOSweb (www.usosweb.uj.edu.pl) then the printed and signed application form should be submitted to the faculty coordinator for financial support.
International students enrolled for the first time at Jagiellonian University may be allocated a place from the pool of places of the International Students Office.
An online application should be submitted only in USOSweb.
We remind first-year students that the registration in USOSweb is open in the following deadlines:
- 1st round: from 22.06.2020 till 9.07.2020
- 2nd round: from 29.07.2020 till 6.08.2020
- 3rd round: from 17.08.2020 till 3.09.2020
- 4th round: from 15.09.2020 till 24.09.2020
Announcement of the results:
- 28 of July 2020 – results of the first round applications
- 10 of August 2020 – results of the second round applications
- 7 of September 2020 – results of the third round applications
- 28 of September 2020 – results of the fourth round applications
After log-in in USOSweb just click:
Students section > Common section > Applications > Dormitory application (freshman-year foreigners only, not from MC).
Information for PhD students
In the academic year 2019/2020, PhD candidates may apply for a place in the Phd Student's House (Bydgoska B).
Places are allocated according to the Rector's regulation for granting students places in student dormitories of the Jagiellonian University. on the basis of detailed scoring.
The application form should be submitted online in the USOSweb system. The form should be printed, signed and submitted with any additional documents to the Phd Students Association, Czapskich 4 street, room 14 during the opening hours of the office 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
- 31.07– 17.08.2020 – the first round for submitting applications for places in dormitories for persons who have the status of a doctoral student (third cycle studies and doctoral school) in the academic year 2019/2020,
- 24.08.2020 – announcement of the results of the first round applications,
- 2.09–13.09.2020 – the second round for submitting applications for places in dormitories for persons who will have the status of a doctoral student in the academic year 2020/2021,
- 2.09–14.09.2020 – deadline for submitting appeals to the decisions on allocation of places in the Doctoral House for applicants, who submitted their applications in the first round. At the same time, it is the deadline for PhD candidates, who submitted their applications in the 1st round, to confirm the reservation of the place in dormitory,
- 21.09.2020 – announcement of the decisions on appeals submitted by applicants who submitted their applications in the first round,
- 21.09.2020 – announcement of the results of the second round of applications,
- 22–25.09.2020 – deadline for submitting appeals to the decisions on allocation of places in the Doctoral House for applicants, who submitted their applications in the second round,
- 28.09.2020 – announcement of the decisions on appeals submitted by applicants who submitted their applications in the second round,
- 15.10.2020 – deadline for submitting confirmation of acceptance for the doctoral school in case of the first-year PhD doctoral students or a confirmation of the prolongation of the third-cycle study period for doctoral students from the preceding years.
During the academic year, places in students' dormitories are allocated in accordance with their availability.
In case of any questions, please contact PhD Association:
tel. +48 506 006 086
Cost of living in dormitory is approximately 400 PLN per person per month. A deposit of 400 PLN is obligatory paid at the beginning of stay. There are no single rooms, all rooms are two- three- or four-bed rooms, with a shared bathroom and kitchen utilities (depending on the dormitory). Rooms are alloted by the Inhabitants Council in each of the dormitories.
There is a basic furniture in the rooms: bed, table, wardrobe, bed cover, bedside lamp. Kitchen has no dishes nor pots, usually there are no fridges. Usually there is students canteen in the dormitory building.
Students are not obliged to stay in the dormitory, they can stay in private accommodation. The price for renting vary depending on localization, number of inhabitants and other housing conditions between 400 - 2000 PLN.
There are different housing agencies where students can search for private accommodation: i.e. "Bratniak" Foundation Agency of Housing and Work www.biuro.bratniak.krakow.pl or Bratnia Pomoc Akademicka (ul. Św. Anny) www.bpa.pl or students Housing Agency http://krakow.chatazaka.pl/ or other estate agencies.
Addresses of student dormitories
D.S Bydgoska (bloki B, C/D)
ul. Bydgoska 19
tel.: 12 63 87 789
Aleja 3 maja 5
tel.: 12 62 21 100
D.S. Bursa Jagiellońska
tel.: 12 65 61 266
ul. Reymonta 11
tel.: 12 37 81 300
ul. Piastowska 47
tel.: 12 62 23 300
ul. Tokarskiego 1
Jagiellonian University has access to places in the dormitory no 3
Akropol located in the AGH Student Campus
For more information (including prices) visit this website: www.miasteczko.agh.edu.pl