Skip to main content

Web Content Display Web Content Display


Web Content Display Web Content Display

About University

The type of your matter/issue determines where you should go to solve it: University’s administration, Faculty’s governance or your Institute. This page is dedicated to helping you find the right university unit and solve your problem quickly and effectively.

Jagiellonian University structure

The Jagiellonian University structure has a certain hierarchy:

  • the highest authority of the University shall be His Magnificence Rector of the Jagiellonian University, and vice-rectors;
  • Faculties represented by Deans and vice-deans are administrative units. However, the structure of the faculties is not always the same.  JU consist of 16 Faculties.
  • Each Faculty consists of Institutes represented by Directors and deputy directors. Each Institute includes a secretary’s office, which will be the most important place during your studies, as you will be able to deal with most of the issues related to your study programme (more information below).
  • Central administration  (including the Centre for Academic Support) consists of units not related to any faculty and are responsible for the whole University.

How the central administration can help me?

Centre for Academic Support

Centre for Academic Support
ul. Ingardena 6 (entrance from ul. Oleandry 2a), 1st floor
30-060 Kraków, Poland

Welcome Centre (WeCe) in the Centre for Academic Support

WeCe team provides service for candidates and international students:

  • information about admission rules for international students (rules, required documents, etc.);
  • certificates of admission (only until the 1st of October);
  • get support in matters related to NAWA scholarships;
  • housing Confirmations;
  • information about the legalization of stay, therules of the undertaking and financing studies for international students;
  • collects applications for a change of the form of financing studies.


International Students Office (ISO)

ISO is an administrative unit of the Jagiellonian University, specializing in the administrative service for international students, scholarship holders (among others, scholarship of the Polish government) and participants of international exchange programmes.

What matters you may solve at ISO as an international or exchange student:

  • learn about Erasmus+, MOST, bilateral exchange programs, etc.;
  • get your student ID card if you are an exchange student;
  • get support in matters related to dormitories for exchange students;
  • get support in matters related to the U.S. Federal Student Aid;


Careers Service

Careers Service’s aim is to help students and graduates of the Jagiellonian University find a job, provide latest information about the job market, and provide individual consultancy.

How the Careers Service may help you:

  • Provide individual consultancy and coaching services,
  • You may take part in training and workshops,
  • You may attend job fairs organised by the Careers Service.


Scholarships Office

One of the most important duties of the Scholarships Office are... scholarships. It collects applications e.g., for social or Rector’s scholarship.

What can I solve at Scholarships Office?

You may apply for the scholarships:


Secretary’s office – how they may help you?

The secretary’s office  is responsible for the direct service of your studies. Check where it is located, what are the opening hours and stay up-to-date with the information on your unit’s website. Note! Remember to address the secretary’s office well in advance, so its employees may help you on time. Some matters cannot be solved right away and require a few days or even weeks.

In the secretary’s office you may get done the following:

  • enrolment;
  • collect or extend the validity of the student ID;
  • get help in registering for your classes;
  • collect a certificate of your studies’ continuation (it confirms your student status and may be useful in applying for various documents);
  • submit applications regarding your studies (application forms are available on the website
  • transfer to a different group.

Where can I find more information?

👉🏻  I would like to learn more about the study programmes: the list of programmes, research opportunities, ask more questions about studies.

For more detailed information about a programme you are interested in, visit this website or in case of further questions contact Welcome Centre. They will also assist you with course registration or any other issues you need resolving during your future studies.

👉🏻  I would like to know more about learning Polish before undertaking my studies.

You can take up a Polish language course at the School of Polish Language and Culture. There is a number of different options available: courses of various scope, length, or intensity.

School of Polish Language and Culture
phone: +48 12 663 18 14

👉🏻  How about other languages?

During your time at the JU, you may be obliged to take up a language course as it is a mandatory component of many study programmes. Even if it isn’t required—or if you are simply interested in learning more languages than your programme offers—you may check the Jagiellonian Language Centre website for information about available languages and thematic courses.

Jagiellonian Language Centre

👉🏻  I have a disability, and I would like to learn about support services available at the JU.

Disability Support Service is a JU unit offering various services intended for persons with disabilities: they may assist with adjusting the form of exams to your needs, adapting educational materials, or providing training in assistive technologies. Their services and procedures for application are all described on their website.

Disability Support Service
phone: +48 12 663 43 40

Outside the JU

Here’s a list of governmental offices and institutions you may need to get to know if you would like to come to Poland to study:

Scholarships, international exchanges
Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (Narodowa Agencja Wymiany Akademickiej – NAWA)

Legalization of stay, work permit
Office for Foreigners (Urząd do Spraw Cudzoziemców – UDSC)

Małopolska Provincial Office, Department of Nationals’ and Foreigners’ Affairs (Małopolski Urząd Wojewódzki, Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców)

City registration of place of residence
Kraków Municipality Office (Urząd Miasta Krakowa)
Vital Records Office (Referat Ewidencji Ludności) appropriate for the district of Kraków (please note that the website is in Polish)

Health insurance
National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia – NFZ) (please note that the website is in Polish)