The cost of a student monthly ticket (tram&bus) is 53 PLN (13 EUR).
The Krakowska Karta Miejska (KKM) is a card for city transportation which you can buy in any MPK outlet (for example at Podwale Street 3/5) and extend its validity in any ticket machine.
The best option is to purchase a semester ticket which costs 220 PLN (52 EUR).
The transportation card can be registered digitally on the student ID card.
Navigation in mobile app
Jak dojadę is a popular Polish website and mobile app that finds the quickest and most convenient public transport connections. The website is also available in English.
You may use either the website or download application from app shop.
Withdrawing cash from ATM
Opening a Polish bank account
Bank opening hours
The Jagiellonian University in Kraków cares about the safety of all students. Main aims of the Safety and Equal Treatment Office – Safe at the JU are:
- promotion of safe behaviours and techniques of avoiding dangers
- support for aggrieved students, providing information on how to seek professional help
- counteracting discrimination
Confidentiality is maintained during reporting cases. Contacting the Representative is not binding and there is no need to take further formal steps. The way of acting is arranged individually with the person concerned.
Visit the safe-student.uj.edu.pl website for more information such as:
- persons responsible for supporting students in case of crisis, emotional or mental health problems
- persons responsible for supporting crime victims
- persons responsible for resolving disputes amicably (mediations)
- what to do if you are feeling unsafe at the University
- where to seek free legal and psychological assistance
Reporting a crime during the COVID-19 pandemic
Visit these websites to get instructions::