Skip to main content

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Życie w Krakowie

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Life in Kraków

The cost of a student monthly ticket (tram&bus) is 53 PLN (13 EUR).

The Krakowska Karta Miejska (KKM) is a card for city transportation which you can buy in any MPK outlet (for example at Podwale Street 3/5) and extend its validity in any ticket machine.

The best option is to purchase a semester ticket which costs 220 PLN (52 EUR).

The transportation card can be registered digitally on the student ID card.

Jak dojadę is a popular Polish website and mobile app that finds the quickest and most convenient public transport connections. The website is also available in English.

You may use either the website or download application from app shop.

You may withdraw cash from a local cash dispenser (in Polish called ‘bankomat’), however you will be charged a bank provision. ATMs are located next to all banks and almost in every corner of the street. The majority of shops accepts payments by pay pass, however some of them require the payment to be higher than 10 PLN.

If your stay does not exceed a period of three months a Polish bank account is not a must-have. Otherwise, it is advisable to open an account. In order to do so, usually the only required document is a passport or an identity card.

In general, banks are open Mondays to Fridays from 8 AM or 9 AM until 6 PM, some of them are also open on weekend.

The Jagiellonian University in Kraków cares about the safety of all students. Main aims of the Safety and Equal Treatment Office – Safe at the JU are:

  • promotion of safe behaviours and techniques of avoiding dangers
  • support for aggrieved students, providing information on how to seek professional help
  • counteracting discrimination

Confidentiality is maintained during reporting cases. Contacting the Representative is not binding and there is no need to take further formal steps. The way of acting is arranged individually with the person concerned.

Visit the website for more information such as:

  • persons responsible for supporting students in case of crisis, emotional or mental health problems
  • persons responsible for supporting crime victims
  • persons responsible for resolving disputes amicably (mediations)
  • what to do if you are feeling unsafe at the University
  • where to seek free legal and psychological assistance

Reporting a crime during the COVID-19 pandemic

Visit these websites to get instructions::