Information for regular students
International students continuing regular studies may apply for student accommodation only according to general rules:
An online application should be submitted in USOSweb (www.usosweb.uj.edu.pl) then the printed and signed application form should be submitted to the faculty coordinator for financial support.
International students enrolled for the first time at Jagiellonian University may be allocated a place from the pool of places of the International Students Office.
An online application should be submitted only in USOSweb.
We remind first-year students that the registration in USOSweb is open in the following deadlines:
- 1st round: from 14 of June 2019 till 25 of August 2019
- 2nd round: from 9 of September 2019 till 22 of September 2019
Announcement of the results:
- 2 of September 2019 – results of the first round applications
- 23 of September 2019 – results of the second round applications
After log-in in USOSweb just click:
Students section > Common section > Applications > Dormitory application (freshman-year foreigners only, not from MC).
Information for PhD students
In the academic year 2019/2020, PhD candidates may apply for a place in the Phd Student's House (Bydgoska B).
Places are allocated according to the Rector's regulation for granting students places in student dormitories of the Jagiellonian University. on the basis of detailed scoring.
The application form should be submitted online in the USOSweb system. The form should be printed, signed and submitted with any additional documents to the Phd Students Association, Czapskich 4 street, room 14 during the opening hours of the office 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
- 10 June 2019 – 25 June 2019 – the first round for submitting applications for places in dormitories for persons who will have the status of a PhD candidate in the academic year 2018/2019,
- 5 July 2019 – announcement of the results of the first round applications,
- 2 September 2019 – 13 September 2019 – the second round for submitting applications for places in dormitories for persons who will have the status of a PhD candidate in the academic year 2019/2020
- 2 September 2019 – 13 September 2019 – deadline for submitting appeals to the decisions on allocation of places in students' dormitories for applicants, who submitted their applications in the first round. At the same time, it is the deadline for PhD candidates, who submitted their applications in the 1st round, to confirm the reservation of the place in dormitory,
- 20 September 2019 – announcement of the decisions on appeals submitted by applicants who submitted their applications in the first round,
- 20 September 2019 – announcement of the results of the second round of applications,
- 23 – 26 September 2019 – deadline for submitting appeals to the decisions on allocation of places in students' dormitories for applicants, who submitted their applications in the second round,
- 27 September 2019 – announcement of the decisions on appeals submitted by applicants who submitted their applications in the second round,
- 15 October 2019 – deadline for submitting confirmation of acceptance for the third-cycle (doctoral) studies and for submitting confirmation of the prolongation of the third-cycle study period for PhD candidates from the preceding years.
During the academic year, places in students' dormitories are allocated in accordance with their availability.
In case of any questions, please contact PhD Association:
tel. +48 506 006 086
Cost of living in dormitory is approximately 400 PLN per person per month. A deposit of 400 PLN is obligatory paid at the beginning of stay. There are no single rooms, all rooms are two- three- or four-bed rooms, with a shared bathroom and kitchen utilities (depending on the dormitory). Rooms are alloted by the Inhabitants Council in each of the dormitories.
There is a basic furniture in the rooms: bed, table, wardrobe, bed cover, bedside lamp. Kitchen has no dishes nor pots, usually there are no fridges. Usually there is students canteen in the dormitory building.
Students are not obliged to stay in the dormitory, they can stay in private accommodation. The price for renting vary depending on localization, number of inhabitants and other housing conditions between 400 - 2000 PLN.
There are different housing agencies where students can search for private accommodation: i.e. "Bratniak" Foundation Agency of Housing and Work www.biuro.bratniak.krakow.pl or Bratnia Pomoc Akademicka (ul. Św. Anny) www.bpa.pl or students Housing Agency http://krakow.chatazaka.pl/ or other estate agencies.
Addresses of student dormitories
D.S Bydgoska (bloki B, C/D)
ul. Bydgoska 19
tel.: 12 63 87 789
Aleja 3 maja 5
tel.: 12 62 21 100
D.S. Bursa Jagiellońska
tel.: 12 65 61 266
ul. Reymonta 11
tel.: 12 37 81 300
ul. Piastowska 47
tel.: 12 62 23 300
ul. Tokarskiego 1
Jagiellonian University has access to places in the dormitory no 3
Akropol located in the AGH Student Campus
For more information (including prices) visit this website: www.miasteczko.agh.edu.pl